Monday, October 11, 2010

21 day meditation challenge, day 1

this morning i participated in day 1 of the chopra center's 21 day meditation challenge. it is not the first time i've signed up. in fact i signed up for the challenge prior to this one, and disregarded it in it's entirety.

but meditation is one of those wicked lovely intentions that i have, yet fail to follow thru on.

this morning, however, after my oldest left for school, i thought, NOW is the time. and i decided there are no rules. if my 2 1/2 year old wakes up, i'll do the best i can. if the baby wakes up and my husband snores thru it, i can pause it and resume. i have to set myself up for success, not failure.

so since i was so tired and wanted to be comfortable, i laid on a giant pillow in front of the fireplace. ok, it's a dog bed but the kids love it so the dog has one and so do they :) as i was laying there, listening to davidji's voice telling me to take a deep breath, i heard a large exhale next to me. it was my daughter, she was up and following along.

i got her to lay in my arms and told her we were meditating. she chatted a little but was very calm and patient and curious. the meditation in it's entirety was 12 minutes, they will get longer with each day's meditation.

it was a beautiful experience to share with my daughter, a lovely way to start my day and week.

honestly, i find myself constantly flustered, angry, annoyed and then i am snapping and grumpy and not being who i am at my core. i so much want to utilize this tool to stay present, to maintain focused on my intentions and successful in realizing them.

i am going to post my 21 day experience here, so if i miss days or give up, it will be here for all to see and share a 'tsk tsk'.

interested in joining the challenge? go here!
http://www.chopra.com/meditationchallenge/fall

No comments:

Post a Comment